Some light reading on a hot Saturday.
- Barry Trotz called into Joe & Evan on WFAN for a wide-ranging talk on many topics including training during the pause, ramping the intensity back up after the pause and who’s coming back into the lineup if the NHL restarts. Also... Sorokin. Feels good to hear the coach’s voice. [some notes at Newsday, too]
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau hit the ice in Ottawa (along with a few other players, including Calvin de Haan and Claude Giroux) for the first time in months. He had been back in Gatineau since early in the quarantine stages. [Ottawa Sun]
- Cal Clutterbuck is still off the ice, but he’s been keeping his chirp game sharp by riding a Peloton and playing video games with his buddies. Also, he’s glad he doesn’t have any social media accounts... [The Athletic]
- Noel spoke to former Islanders goalie Peter Mannino about his few games in blue and orange and his journeyman career. [Lighthouse Lookback podcast]
- Islanders prospect Ruslan Iskhakov has decided to leave UCONN and play in Finland next season for TPS of Liiga. The Islanders preferred he stay in the states but, “financial reasons related to the coronavirus forced him and his family to make the decision to turn pro,” according to HockeyJournal.com. Iskhakov, a second round pick in 2018, had 15 goals and 27 assists in 64 games for the Huskies last season.
- And a quick update on Friday’s prospect news: only Blade Jenkins officially signed with the Islanders. Felix Bibeau and Cole Coskey signs AHL deals.
It turns out that only Blade Jenkins signed an NHL Entry Level contract with the NY #Islanders yesterday.— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) May 29, 2020
Felix Bibeau and, Cole Coskey signed AHL deals with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. https://t.co/Nci9bztIM2
- Not Islanders: The inside story of that awesome “Boys Are Back In Town” video, directed by the Lightning’s Alex Killorn. [The Athletic]
Speaking of funny videos: