Some links for you on this Wednesday morning.
- More on the cancelation of the AHL season: Sound Tigers beatwriter Michael Fornabaio on the announcement | A posting at the Sound Tigers website if you’re looking for answers about refunds or tickets | Sportsnet on the league’s decision and how much ticket sales played into it.
- NEW! Arthur Staple has posted a survey for Islanders fans covering a myriad of team topics. You don’t need to be a subscriber to answer, either. Just use this direct link if you need to.
- Anders Lee is confident the NHL can return to play. [Newsday]
- A familiar voice joined Staple on this week’s No Sleep Til Belmont podcast. Howie Rose talks about getting the Islanders’ job, his relationships with his analysts, calling it quits after 20 years and how Mike Milbury helped him cover a pretty bad team.
- It’s What If? Week around SB Nation and our first entry focuses on a Leafs hero that could have been an Islander if not for a Leafs villain. Our next entry will be on another non-Islander of a slightly more recent vintage.
- More What If? goodness from a couple of friends of mine: Over at Pensburgh, Gretz looks at a goal you’ll remember that impacted about three teams and two leagues over the course of the next 20-something years. And Laura at St. Louis Game Time wonders what would have happened if that dog food company didn’t try to sell the Blues to a guy who was gonna move them Saskatoon, causing them to lose an entire draft (that whole episode fascinates me).
- The Colorado Avalanche wearing Quebec Nordiques jerseys? Tabarnac!
- Remembering Mutant League Hockey for the Sega Genesis. It was NHL 94 except with, like, monsters and weapons and lots of weird shit. [NBC Sports]
Kasper. A man (and a dad) like no other.