Just a few notes to end the week. Yes, we’re all waiting on Ilya Sorokin. Again. But we have something very cool and different coming up later this morning.
UPDATE: This just in: stoogats.
Lou Lamoriello had no update on G Ilya Sorokin this morning. He's now eligible to sign with #Isles.— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) May 1, 2020
- The Islanders did make a signing yesterday, inking QMJHL defenseman Samuel Bolduc to an entry level contract. He’s a tall human. [LHH | Islanders]
- The official site checked in with Boston University forward Logan Cockerill, who will captain the Terriers next season.
- Earlier this week, Arthur Staple ranked the Islanders amateur prospects, including Bolduc and Cockerill, at The Athletic. Part II, which posted this morning, covers the bottom half of the pro prospects.
- While we anticipate Sorokin signing, the KHL ranked him as one of the 12 best goalies of the league’s first 12 seasons.
- The Sound Tigers officially announced the signing of Rochester Institute of Technology defenseman Adam Brubacher. The kid seems excited to be on board. [Soundin’ Off | BST]
Other Hockey News
- In a memo, the NHL says it’s targeting mid-to-late May for opening practice facilities and small group workouts. [TSN.ca]
- Gary Bettman was on NHL Network and although the league is talking about restarting, there’s still no timetable. [NHL.com]
- Nothing will ever stop Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts. This time, one thought includes what looks like a tasty roast beef recipe.
- Alexei Yashin on his involvement with women’s hockey in Russia, his career timeline and what he’s up to these days. [KHL.ru]
- Men’s ice hockey is coming to LIU in Brookville beginning next season. That’s cool.
Heartbreaker. Love Taker. Brubaker, run this prison like a man (close enough).