Mike and Dan struggle with the Islanders’ disastrous week and their inability to gain any space in their race for the playoffs.
They lament the “one mistake” that cost the team a golden opportunity in an overtime loss to the Carolina Hurricanes, which itself followed probably their two worst games of the season against the underwhelming Canadiens and Senators.
Later, they ponder lineup decisions for this season and the future, whether or not the freak injuries they’ve seen this season means the Islanders are actually cursed and Mike’s propensity for making charitable donations when he’s drunk.
- Feel better soon, Johnny:
Thank you to everyone for the positive messages and thoughts! I am extremely grateful. Please know they did not go unheard. Luckily for me the skate only cut my eyelid. Sorry for the late response...facial recognition wasn’t working... thank you again my friends. Johnny B— Johnny Boychuk (@joboych) March 4, 2020
- In an odd twist, we did see a little “Islander Hockey” this weekend. Where has it been for the least few weeks?
- The message might have to change, but the playoffs are still there for them.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call 646-980-8857. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Staying Alive” by The Bee Gees.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.