A rare two-day break between Islanders games. I guess we could all use it, but I’m bored! Ah well.
Tomorrow night is one of the last three Barclays Center games against the Canadiens.
- Finally, some good news: Barry Trotz says Casey Cizikas should resume skating soon. [Newsday]
- Governor Andrew Cuomo was beaming at the Coliseum announcement. It’s the kind of day a politician dreams about. [Newsday]
- Here’s the Newsday story on the announcement from the Governor. [Newsday]
- Being at the Coliseum full-time just feels normal to these guys, especially the ones that played there before they moved to Brooklyn. [Newsday]
- The Islanders designated their one-game trip to St. Louis the Dads and Mentors Trip. See how they hung out and see if they were disappointed in their sons for losing to the Blues. [Islanders]
- The following game, against the Bruins, was only the fifth time in their history the Islanders have played a game on Leap Day. [NYI Skinny]
- The Sound Tigers lost 1-0 to the Binghamton Devils thanks to two guys who just became Devils a week ago through the New Jersey Devils’ trade deadline sale. [CT Post | Sound Tigers]
- The dynasty Islanders had a talent show back in the ‘80s and DGB is here to recap it. [The Athletic]
How did Butch Goring end up with his signature helmet?
When @91Butch played outdoor hockey in Winnipeg as a kid ( ), staying warm was key. His helmet fit perfectly over his hoodie and he’s worn that ever since!— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) March 1, 2020
Watch more about Butch’s famous helmet pic.twitter.com/tIC3N1YY55
Yesterday’s NHL scores include the Flyers beating the Rangers in regulation to sweep the home-and-home set, as well as the Blue Jackets (at home over the Canucks) and the Capitals (at the Wild) winning in regulation against Western Conference foes.