They lament some shocking deflections, the lopsidedness of Leo Komarov versus Brad Marchand and the team’s failure to gain any ground while the rest of the Metro Division struggled.
Later, they recount Butch Goring’s number retirement ceremony and some opposition to it, talk about another Islander legend who could have his number in the rafters and make a plea for Brooklyn-based Islanders fans to continue to support the team as it moves back to Nassau County.
Forgot to mention: Dan will be on the Locked On Canadiens podcast with his friends Scott and Laura this Tuesday. Check it out. They talk mostly about the Islanders’ status these days on the ice and in their arena situation, and preview that night’s game against the Habs.
- Another great number retirement ceremony. Butch’s case is not up for debate.
- Hey, look! The Governor is here again. And so are the Islanders.
- Oh, Josh.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call 646-980-8857. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Get It Hot” by AC/DC.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.