Mike and Dan discuss the pausing of the NHL season and life in general due to the COVID-19 virus.
They talk about whether or not the Islanders’ 5-4 shootout loss to Vancouver will be the final time we watch them this season and how odd it is thinking about sports during a time of massive social upheaval.
Includes reminders about recommended practices during this time, as well as a few options for Islanders fans looking for things to do while in self-isolation.
- Check out the websites for the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organizations for the latest public advisories for preventing the spread of COVID-19. Please be safe and careful out there.
- Dom on the blog during this time.
- NHL players are being told to stay in their team cities for now.
- Pierre LeBrun on the series of phone calls the Board of Governors have had over the last few days.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call 646-980-8857. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.