Mike returns to talk with Dan about the Islanders’ first two game after the break, smart fans and dumb articles.
They recap two overtime affairs against the Canucks and Stars, the recall of Kieffer Bellows and the Islanders’ difficult upcoming schedule. Later, they discuss a couple of head-slapping articles and the difference in coverage between Islanders writers and some Canadian outlets.
Finally, they congratulate three former Islanders on their impending induction into the IIHF Hall of Fame.
- Staple on where the Islanders are and their road to the playoffs (and trade deadline)
- A couple of Leafs Athletic guys on some bullshit or whatever (the article was written and the episode was recorded prior to Toronto’s trade for Kyle Clifford and Jack Campbell last night)
- Nice job, kid (and you, too Kieffer)
Asked Kieffer Bellows in post-game scrum who had informed him he had gotten his first NHL point with an added secondary assist on Brassard's goal.— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) February 5, 2020
He perked up, looked at me and said, "You."
Congrats Kieffer. Enjoy
- yeah, okay, buddy
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am at the way #IslesTwitter lost their collective minds over this. There are questions around what the team will do with their best player. This is how it works. It's normal. Relax.— Brett Cyrgalis (@BrettCyrgalis) January 25, 2020
- Congrats to the nominees on making it to the IIHF Hall of Fame. Much more to come from us on the three Islanders to be inducted.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “The Difference” by The Wallflowers.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.