Oh man I’m so bloated. Why is today not a national holiday so we can recover properly? They could have daytime hockey and we could all lay on our couches all day.
Anyway, congratulations to the Chiefs. Dom is on the St. Louis side of Missouri, but the Rams aren’t there anymore, so maybe he was rooting for Kansas City. If so, congratulations, Dom. If not, I am sorry!
Recaps from the Canucks thriller with filler: LHH | Islanders | Newsday | NYI Skinny
Well, it’s about time! Kieffer Bellows has been called up from Bridgeport.
#Isles Transaction: Kieffer Bellows has been recalled from Bridgeport.— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) February 3, 2020
- Mathew Barzal was back at work after his All-Star extravaganza and has moved on from his benching. [The Athletic]
- Which is good, because the Islanders’ place in the standings has left them playing playoff hockey in February. [Newsday]
- The return brought some good and some not so good. Hopefully Bellows can shore up that third line for the time being, because god it’s awful. [Newsday]
- The trade deadline can be a stressful time for an NHL player. Anders Lee doesn’t have to worry about it anymore, but he knows how it can hang over a player’s head. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers were back on the ice on Friday and lost 4-1 to the Hershey Bears. [Sound Tigers | CT Post]
- But they followed it up with a 3-2 shootout win over the WBS Penguins on Saturday. Josh Ho-Sang and Oliver Wahlstrom had the regulation goals. [Sound Tigers]
Saturday’s and Sunday’s NHL scores. Saturday featured a victory for the Flyers over the Avalanche and a Blue Jackets overtime loss to the Sabres. Sunday featured a Penguins regulation win over the Capitals, a Blue Jackets regulation win over the Canadiens, and a Hurricanes shootout win over the Canucks. The Islanders wake up this morning in the first wild card spot, with both Carolina and Philadelphia nipping at their heels.
- Alexander Steen played his 1,000th NHL game Saturday in Winnipeg, his hometown. His father, former Winnipeg Jet Thomas Steen, penned a heartfelt letter. [The Athletic]
- If the Jets don’t make the playoffs, should GM Kevin Cheveldayoff come back? [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- The story behind John Gibson’s Kobe Bryant tribute mask. [The Athletic]