The Islanders now have their roster for the rest of the season, stretch run and (hopefully) playoffs. Not everyone is healthy or clared to play, but the party starts with the Rangers visiting tonight.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here.
#Isles in AM skate:— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) February 25, 2020
Clutterbuck, Johnston extras. Don’t see Bailey out there.
So yes, their games resume tonight, but yesterday it was all trade deadline, all morning and afternoon:
- Here’s Lou Lamoriello’s post-deadline conference call with media. [Isles]
- The Jean-Gabriel Pageau deal: Lou’s biggest move yet [Athletic] He went for the ideal Isles fit, who solves the long-held need at 3C. [LHH | Newsday | Isles] Seven facts on the new guy, who will wear #44. [Isles] Here’s Pageau’s presser.
- On the almost-deal for Zach Parise, which would’ve sent Andrew Ladd the other way: [LHH | Athletic NY | Athletic Minnesota] Bill Guerin acknowledged that the deal was seriously explored, but kept reasons between him and Parise. [Athletic] Expect more from Parise after he speaks at today’s morning skate.
- The Islanders also made a Bridgeport trade, forward Matt Lorito going to Toronto for defenseman Jordan Schmaltz. [Isles]
- Regardless of the specific moves and non-moves, this deadline taught us that the Islanders have finally shed the “respect” issue that handcuffed them for decades. [LHH]
Guerin talked to Parise after deadline:— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) February 24, 2020
"He and I had a good conversation. We’ll get together again at another time, but he seemed to be in a good spot. He’s a professional and tomorrow night I would expect nothing but the usual Zach Parise effort we see every night."
- Here are all your moves from yesterday, including tonight’s opponent giving up on the once-touted Brady Skjei to Carolina for a first-round pick.
- In the only game last night, the Blue Jackets beat the Senators to jump back into wild card position, tied with the Islanders on points with 76.
- Also of note, in a bit of a shock move, Robin Lehner was traded to...Vegas! [Knights On Ice] He is legend:
- As Slap Shots was not the first to report, the Rangers ended up keeping Chris Kreider, extending him for seven years. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Another injury bomb in Vancouver: Jacob Markstrom is injured. [TSN | Nucks Misconduct]
- The Leafs were pretty quiet but did extend Jake Muzzin for four years. [PPP]
- Some insight on the bidding process to host the NCAA Frozen Four. [College Hockey News]