Mike and Dan recap an exciting trade deadline day for the Islanders including the moves they made, the ones they didn’t make and what the rest of the Metro Division did.
They talk about deep breath moments, “Vintage Lou” moments and Big Picture Fandom in looking at how the acquisition of J-G Pageau changes the roster now and into the future, and discuss the trade for Zach Parise that didn’t materialize.
Later, they look at how trades made by Metro Division rivals may end up ruining their lives, praise the team’s handing of John Tonelli’s number retirement and look ahead to a crucial slate of games against tough opponents.
- Monday was so crazy we almost forgot all about this other crazy thing from last Friday.
- Kind of a lot to go over from the trade deadline, but you might as well start here, here and here. And here’s a rundown of every deal from today. There were a lot.
- And a few quotes from the newest Islander:
Pageau says it's an "honor" to join #Isles , a team that will be "competing every year for the playoffs, for the championship."— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) February 24, 2020
“Building a new arena makes me believe that the owners of the Islanders want to win. This is what you want, as a player. With the Islanders, everyone seems to be pushing in the same direction. I am proud to be part of this adventure. ” - Pageau https://t.co/Ouvbphnzj5— Culture of Losing (Out On Free Agents) (@cultureoflosing) February 24, 2020
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call 646-980-8857. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Changes” by David Bowie.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.