Mike and Dan vent about the Islanders losing streak and goal drought, while also examining the Andy Greene trade and the upcoming deadline.
They focus on a frustrating loss to the Coyotes which followed two galling defeats in Nashville and Vegas, discuss Greene’s solid debut and worry about the team’s lack of depth. Later, they look ahead to the trade deadline, wonder about who the Islanders could or couldn’t get and hope that changes are made.
Along the way they cover needless icings, sixth line players, expansion Islanders and Mike’s dream in which the Islanders send him to pick up an All Star they just traded for.
- “So he goes, ‘Fury is here.’ I just said, ‘Yeah, that’s true. All right, we’ll do it.’” Oh you guys...
- Andy Greene is here now. Weird.
- He really did have a good first game as an Islander.
- But they’re gonna need more than him.
When the Penguins had zero third and fourth line depth between 2010-2015 they could barely get out of the first round with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in the top-six. Even the very best guys can't carry a team every single game. They're all gonna go cold at some point.— Adam Gretz (@AGretz) February 17, 2020
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Cold As Ice” by Foreigner.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.