FIG Picks go here. Puck drop is at 10:30 p.m. EST.
Let’s preview this darn thing, shall we?
"Plain and simple we have to clean up our game. I was pretty firm with them today. We talk about things honestly, where we are and what we need to do." - Barry Trotz pic.twitter.com/UOXd3Zufw9— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) February 14, 2020
- Barry Trotz put his team through a tough practice on a day between games—he wasn’t happy about how the Predators game went, as you can see in the clip above. [Newsday]
- We’re less than a week away from the ceremonies and the Islanders have released the details for the John Tonelli and Butch Goring number retirements. [Islanders | Newsday]
- An update on Belmont’s arena construction. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers will have a loving two-game series against the Pennsylvania affiliates. Last night, they played the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and tonight, they’ll play the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. [Sound Tigers]
- They lost in overtime to the Phantoms yesterday. Travis St. Denis and Simon Holmstrom had the two Bridgeport goals. [Sound Tigers]
- Stan Fischler remembers Brent Sutter, whom he calls The Anonymous Star. [Maven’s Memories]
- Zack Kassian was suspended seven games for kicking Erik Cernak in the Oilers’ game against the Lightning. Honestly not sure that’s enough. [NHL]
- In a bit of a surprise move, the Wild fired coach Bruce Boudreau and assigned Dean Evason to interim duties. [Hockey Wilderness | NHL]
- In the Pittsburgh win, Jason Zucker scored his first two goals as a Penguin. [NHL]
- Some of the issues concerning the next CBA are already being discussed. [Newsday]
- Jay Bouwmeester underwent a successful procedure to install an ICD in Anaheim. [Blues | NHL]
- The Ice Garden has 9 women’s hockey Valentine’s Day cards to send to your Valentine.