Last night was eminently forgettable. Just, yuck.
- About last night: Forget about it, except for all those turnovers. Remember those. [LHH | Newsday | Isles | NHL | On the Forecheck | AP]
- Cole Bardreau is hoping to make a lasting impresion during this callup, and Barry Trotz has some advice for how to do that. [Newsday | Isles]
- New Predators coach John Hynes understands the legacy Trotz left in Nashville. [Newsday]
- On their latest Islanders Anxiety, Dan and Mike talked recent games, obscure Islanders, and Belmont. [LHH Podcasts]
- After bumping around the lineup, Leo Komarov was just starting to find a home on the “Identity” line. [Isles]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Flyers beating the Panthers, the Blue Jackets picking up an OTL point, and the Capitals disposing of the Avalanche.
- Zach Kassian kicked a guy, which is never a good idea while wearing ice skates. [Sportsnet]
- The Islanders are supposedly among those in pursuit of Chris Kreider and David Backes has a list of teams, heh, he’ll accept a trade to. [NHL]
- “Insider Traiding” has the Leafs close to re-sign Jake Muzzin. [TSN]
- The Stars put Alexander Radulov on IR. [NHL]
- All the Canadiens have to do to succeed is follow the Penguins’ example. Sounds easy. Crosby-Malkin duos grow on trees. [Sportsnet]
- Being on the dads trip helped Blues players handle the cardiac scare to Jay Bouwmeester. [TSN]
- The Rangers say their 24-year-old callup is now their #1 goalie. [NHL] Also: The Smurfs won on a shootout last night where Artemi Panarin sure looked like he and the puck went backwards away from the goal.