Mike and Dan discuss two huge Islanders wins, one huge loss from the roster, punchable faces and cool Swedes.
After reliving exciting victories over the division rival Capitals and Flyers, they reflect on the loss of Casey Cizikas to another freak injury and the recall of center Cole Bardreau. Along the way, they marvel at Mat Barzal’s ability to rise up for big games and the sudden emergence of Leo Komarov as a valued contributor.
Later, they look at some recent Belmont news, poke fun at some media outlets, congratulate an underrated Islander on an honor and brace for a matinee in the desert.
- Arthur Staple on the freak injuries that have befallen the Islanders this season.
- IRONCLAD, BAYBEE. (we had some fun with that)
- Congrats to the great Stefan Persson on his nomination to the Swedish Hockey Hall of Fame.
Stefan Persson the #Isles legend was elected into the Swedish Hockey Hall of Fame, and was introduced to the crowd here in Stockholm today.— Patrik Bexell (@Zeb_Habs) February 8, 2020
Here he is after the ceremony and he wishes all the best to the #Isles fans. @NYIslanders pic.twitter.com/zDxclui1KO
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Le Freak” by Chic.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.