Good morning everyone. Hope you’re all doing well. Not a whole lot going on in hockey, other than the reveal of the Reverse Retro jerseys.
- Newsday has both the Islanders and Rangers versions. The Rangers brought back Lady Liberty with a twist; the Islanders brought back their current home jersey with a twist. [Newsday]
- In case you do not want to sully your mind with visuals of Rangers rags, we’ve got the Isles jersey here for you. [LHH]
- And if you really want to support the NHL, you can click on its announcement page of the jersey. It’s filled with a lot of hoopla. [NHL]
- You’ll find many more rankings post linked in the next section, but this ranking, Jenny’s, is the only one that counts. She has the Isles at no. 20. Fair! Objectively, the Islanders’ Reverse Retros are pretty lame, but at least they don’t look like the Ducks. [LHH]
- Hey, news about actual hockey: the Islanders loaned goalie prospect Jakub Skarek to the Mestis Finnish League. [Islanders]
- He’s not the only prospect worth talking about right now, though. Robin Salo, Otto Koivula, and Anatoly Golyshev are heating up. [Islanders Prospect Report]
- LISTEN: The Hockey Night in New York podcast hosted Doc Emrick for nearly 40 minutes. Doc says the Hurricanes wouldn’t have swept the Islanders in 2019 if they played Games 1 and 2 at the Coliseum instead of Barclays Center. [NYI Hockey Now]
- Learn a little about the inspiration for each of the Reverse Retros. The Islanders claim they started with a base of the home whites they wore around 1980–83 and slapped late 90s–early 00s navy blue on them. [The Athletic]
- At the very least, commentators revealed their tastes in their rankings. Here’s E$PN’s. Wysh loved the Avadiques jersey.
- And here’s The Athletic staff’s rankings, blurbed by Islanders fan Mark Lazerus, dropping the Isles down to no. 31. [The Athletic]
- The Return to Play committee expanded to accommodate the planning required to make a full regular season happen. They’re getting to work. [TSN]
- Ideas and rumors are starting to filter out. The potential of players sacrificing more money, a 60–70 game season, and an all-Canada division are among the possibilities. [The Athletic]
- The fans voted and the results are in. Here is how The Athletic’s readers ranked every NHL front office. [The Athletic]
- Phil “Don” Tomasino, the Predators’ first-round pick in 2019, stayed with Ryan Ellis during his first training camp and models his game after our very own Mathew Barzal. He watched almost every Islanders game last season. [TSN]
- Remember Roman Cechmanek? He is facing up to 10 years in Czech prison for fraud. [BSH]