Another day, another dollar. How’s everyone doing today?
- The Islanders are in cap hell. Don’t know if you knew that. [The Athletic]
- But they come out as only the 15th-best team in the league in these power rankings, something that even the author thinks they’ll prove wrong. [The Athletic]
- The Islanders want you to keep voting for their awards. Today’s is best off-ice moment from the ‘19–’20 season. [Isles Awards]
- The Islanders released new renderings of UBS Arena. [Newsday story | Newsday photos]
- And Isles co-owner Jon Ledecky takes you on a virtual tour. [Newsday video]
- Once again: eight RFAs available to be offer-sheeted. Mathew Barzal tops the list. Lather, rinse, repeat. [Sportsnet]
What do you think she found in there?
- The Penguins fired assistant GM Jason Karmanos and hired Trevor Daley as a nebulous hockey operations adviser. [ESPN]
- Pretty cool idea: DGB completes the ultimate first round, using only one player from each franchise at their draft slot. For example, he opted to take Bryan Trottier with his no. 22 pick instead of Mike Bossy with his no. 15, choosing the Flames’ Al MacInnis instead. [The Athletic]
- The minor leagues have, perhaps, even more difficulty in navigating next season. [ESPN]
- The Oilers mourn the loss of personality Joey Moss at age 57. [ESPN]
- The Coyotes and Shane Doan have discussed the potential for him to return to the organization—likely to teach his players how to be huge shitheads for only one franchise. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking of Arizona, the team is under fire for using its first draft pick, in the fourth round, on a kid who bullied and abused his Black, disabled classmate so much that he had to go to court for it. And he seems to express very little remorse about it! Very cool organization. Really embracing the spirit of its home state. [NY Post]