Last night was pretty nice, yes? Thank you. Thank you very much. I enjoyed that. Would recommend.
- About last night: That was tonic for the Islanders, just another dose of misery for the Wings. [LHH | Newsday | Isles | NHL | Post | Islanders Insight | NYI Skinny | Winging It In Motown]
- Casey Cizikas was still out, and Otto Koivula was in, but Trotz hopes Cizikas can return Thursday against the Rangers. [Newsday]
- Ryan Strome is looking forward to returning to the Coliseum, and realizes that only a handful of his Smurfs teammates even know what he’s talking about. [Newsday]
- Get the lowdown on the 14th Charles B. Wang international youth tournament. [Isles]
- Supposedly CSKA wants to make a giant offer to keep Ilya Sorokin, but he’s set on reaching the summer to hear what the Islanders have to offer. [THN]
- Bridgeport Report: The Sound Tigers salvaged something from the end of their busy weekend.
Last night’s NHL scores include Sidney Crosby getting four points in his return as the Penguins beat the Wild (who lost a player due to a lineup card snafu). Also, Filip Forsberg scored a lacrosse-style goal and I’m probably just old but I already could not care less about this hype.
- The Bruins are suddenly struggling in a variety of ways and now Tuukka Rask is injured. [Boston Hockey Now]
- Rask was hurt on a driveby blow to the head, it looked accidental but you know Bruins and fans think otherwise. [NHL]
- Nicklas Backstrom signed a handsome five-year extension with the Capitals, the only team he ever wants to be a part of. [Washington Post | NHL]
- Zack Kassian responded to his two-game suspension with “I’d do it again.” [Edmonton Journal]
- With the NHL trade deadline on the horizon, here are 20 trade candidates. [Sportsnet]
- PK Subban says no, he wouldn’t request a trade from the Devils tire fire. [NHL]