The Islanders are at the Coliseum tonight to host the Red Wings, who will be looking for revenge after Friday’s OT win in Detroit. Other than that, though, not a whole lot going on in the hockey world this Monday morning.
This is from yesterday, so we’re really Tanner Fritz days away now:
- The top line of Anders Lee, Mathew Barzal, and Jordan Eberle made their preseason debut Saturday night in the loss to the Devils. They looked very strong, very promising. [Newsday | Islanders]
- The Islanders face some tough decisions in their middle six and some even tougher decisions on defense as Noah Dobson continues to show he’s got nothing left to prove nor learn in juniors. [Newsday]
- A second lawsuit has been filed against the Belmont project, this one by civic leaders in Elmont. Never easy, I tell ya. [Newsday]
- Kevin Hayes is happy to be a Flyer (read: he’s happy the Flyers significantly overpaid him) and he’s out to prove the Rangers wrong for trading him, despite it being a foregone conclusion that he wasn’t staying a Ranger. Alright. [NHL]
- Jaromir Jagr scored his first goal of the season playing in the Czech league. He’s 47 years old. Honestly, he could probably still kick it in the NHL. [Yahoo]