Mike and Dan examine the big news from the Belmont Arena front and do some summer wish-listing for the Islanders.
They look at the major announcements, including the team footing the bill for a new train station, and marvel at some of the complaints lodged against the project. Later, they kick around some trade ideas and have their say on Mitch Marner, the (currently) unsigned restricted free agent who keeps being photographed around Islanders.
Stay tuned after the outro music for a special preview of a new Lighthouse Hockey podcast called Islanders Award Winners, that will debut next season. It’s a narrative podcast showcasing a single season in which an Islander took home a major NHL award.
Thank you all so much for listening and hanging out with us this season. We can’t say it enough. We’ll be back in a few months.
- Yeah, so, like, this whole arena thing is getting very, very close.
- Much more from the Empire State Development meeting today from Newsday’s Randi Marshall via Twitter. It’s a looooooooong thread.
- ooooooooooh pretty...
It’s a great day for #Isles fans!— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) July 8, 2019
JUST RELEASED: New York State has certified the Environmental Impact Statement for our new arena! Check out the latest rendering of Belmont Park. It’s a BEAUTY. pic.twitter.com/ubDXRmXcJm
- Meanwhile back at the ranch, the Islanders could look at a few trade possibilities that Carey has conveniently laid out.
- If you haven’t already listened to it, check out Robin Lehner’s interview with TSN 1050 about his exit from the Islanders and signing with Chicago.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Voodoo Train” by The Bellrays
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.