The NHLPA announced the list of players who had filed for salary arbitration, and none of them were New York Islanders.
Of course, none of the Islanders’ RFAs were arbitration-eligible, so this was not exactly news.
Next summer though: Ryan Pulock and Devon Toews will both be arbitration-eligible. So put that in your offer sheet pipe dream and smoke it.
- Stan Fischler again remembers the 15-game win streak. [Isles Maven Memories]
- Newsday re-iterates the expectation of some good Belmont arena/LIRR station news Monday. [Newsday]
- Damn it though: Today is Milbury’s anniversary. [NHL]
- Feels like I should stop repeating this, but still: I can’t see a way where an Islanders offer sheet to Mitch Marner is both a) unmatchable by Toronto and b) worth it for the Isles. But I don’t mind them investigating all possibilities.
Multiple teams have considered pursuing Marner, including the NY Islanders & Montreal. Hearing Islanders are serious about pursuit, while Canadiens may be focused on Laine. Whether Isles, or another team, move forward with an offer sheet remains to be seen.— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) July 5, 2019
Meanwhile, the arena is...progressing...probably...we think.
Islanders Belmont news: Final environmental impact statement on the arena and entertainment project will be released on Monday afternoon, per publicly available ESD documents.— Jim Baumbach (@jimbaumbach) July 6, 2019
- But the main questions is WILL MITCH MARNER SIGN AN OFFER SHEET? [TSN]
- FYI here are the players who did elect for salary arbitration. Some rivals’ key players. [NHLPA]
- The many, meany (okay not so many) Bouwmeester jerseys for celebration with the Cup. [NHL]
- Periodic reminder that long-term deals for unrestricted free agents seldom end well. (Special shout-out to Okposo-Ladd-Nielsen Summer of ‘16) [NBC Sports]
- If you’re interested in the fantasy angle on recent free agent movements (including Varlamov), here’s one. [Dobber Hockey]