Mike and Dan are joined by The Athletic’s Arthur Staple to talk about what moves the Islanders could make this summer.
They talk about the team’s feelings at clear out day, the injuries they’ll need to adjust for and what salaries their restricted free agents could be looking at. Later, the move on to the Islanders’ UFAs and potential offseason acquisitions.
Along the way, they get to media biases, unlikely buyouts and what would give this season a truly happy ending.
- As discussed throughout the episode, Arthur projects some possible Islanders lineups for next season at The Athletic.
- To complete some of them, Lou Lamoriello would have to re-sign some of his unrestricted free agents.
- Previously, Arthur handed out grades to the forwards and everyone else based on their performances this past year.
- Apparently, Ryan Pulock made Down Goes Brown’s All Playoff Disappointment Team because someone from the Islanders had to. okay...
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Kick Out The Jams” by The MC5.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.