Dan and special guest Carey Haber take an analytics-focused at the Islanders’ season and potential offseason moves.
They discuss the team’s MVPs, their now solidified defense and which players had underrated seasons. Later, they examine the team’s pending free agents, how each of them fits into the larger picture and what, if any, contingency plans exist.
Finally, they throw around a few trade chips, as well as some shade at early articles predicting the Islanders’ quick demise.
Statistics courtesy of NaturalStatTrick.com and Islanders.nhl.com. Salary information via CapFriendly.com.
I misspoke when I said Mike was covering the US Open. It was actually the PGA Championship. My bad. Apologies to all golfers everywhere.
- Carey’s earlier article on Anders Lee’s scoring struggles in the playoffs. Expect more articles like this in the coming weeks.
- Arthur Staple’s Islanders report cards for the forwards and for the defense, goalies and management.
- Elsewhere at The Athletic, Dom buries the Islanders 2019-20 season before this season is even over.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?” by R.E.M.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.