NOTE: CONTAINS COARSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED.
They discuss the remarkable goaltending the Isles have had this season, compare where things differ from the last time these two teams met in the postseason and what special guests we might see at the Coliseum. They also talk about recent moves by the Florida Panthers that have an Islanders connection and - in what they hope is the last time this season - some of the differences between Maple Leafs and Islanders fans.
Finally, Mike gets a hug.
We are now on Spotify! So if you’re listening to tunes, you can throw the Lighthouse Hockey feed right in there with them. Click the link below to find our page.
- Here’s the Athletic article Mike talked about in which the Islanders influenced how the Dallas Stars turned their season around. “The big thing for me was trying to get to the root of why we weren’t able to be consistent,” [Stars coach Jim] Montgomery said. “Looked at the league, other teams, looked at the (New York) Islanders and Vegas (Golden Knights) in particular. And thought, ‘Why are they successful and consistent?’”
- Robin Lehner’s heartfelt message to Islanders fans after Game 82:
Anything is possible with this group. pic.twitter.com/cyo8gtlFvc— Robin Lehner (@RobinLehner) April 7, 2019
- Apologies to all the ticket holders and Ninjalinos out there.
- Looks like a Snow forecast for South Florida:
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “I’ve Always Been Crazy” by Waylon Jennings.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.
Our Soundcloud page is soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey