The New York Islanders will open the playoffs at Nassau Coliseum for the first time since 1988, with Game 1 of their first-round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins starting at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 10.
The Islanders announced earlier this year that their first-round home games would take place at their original home, where they raised three of their four Stanley Cups and where they returned this year for half of their regular season home schedule. If the Islanders eliminate the Penguins, their second-round home games would take place at Barclays Center.
Here’s the full schedule for the first-round series, as the NHL announced its full slate of first-round game on Sunday morning:
- Game 1: Wednesday, April 10, 7:30 p.m. EDT
- Game 2: Friday, April 12, 7:30 p.m. EDT
- Game 3: Sunday, April 14, noon EDT
- Game 4: Tuesday, April 16, 7:30 p.m. EDT
- Game 5*: Thursday, April 18, time TBD
- Game 6*: Saturday, April 20, time TBD
- Game 7*: Monday, April 22, time TBD
*if necessary, yada yada
Games 1, 2, 5 and 7 will be at the Coliseum. Fortunately for both teams, there is no weird television-forced three-day break nor back-to-back nights, as sometimes happens when TV needs or Taylor Swift concerts create havoc.