WARNING: CONTAINS SOME COARSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED.
They discuss the outside perceptions surrounding each franchise, how they’ve each defied the odds this season and what kind of birthday party each would be. They also run through the many x-factors of the series, including a long-ass layoff, the Islanders Vezina Trophy-finalist goalie Robin Lehner and the ghosts of Islanders past.
With special musical guest Cher.
- Here’s the Newsday article about the Islanders’ logo, the kind of thing you need to do with 11 days off during the playoffs.
- Cary on things to watch out for during the series.
- Dom at The Athletic changes his tune about the Islanders (but still thinks they’ll lose the series).
- He’s ready:
Here we go.— Robin Lehner (@RobinLehner) April 25, 2019
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Just Like Jesse James” by Cher.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.