WARNING: CONTAINS SOME COARSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED.
Mike and Dan relish the Islanders’ first round sweep of the Penguins and how it changes much about the team’s standing, especially among its battered fanbase.
They praise the team’s “Warlock in Goal” and their First Team All-Handsome squad, and try to focus on what the Islanders are rather than what people outside the organization have to say about them. Later, they float an idea for a hockey podcast that someone really needs to make.
Note: Episodes of Islanders Anxiety will no longer be posted to our SoundCloud account. So if you were listening to us there, you’ll have to subscribe to Lighthouse Hockey podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher or listen at LighthouseHockey.com. You can also find us in any podcasting app of your choice. Thanks for listening and we hope you’ll continue to support Lighthouse Hockey podcasts.
- Lots of postmortems and reading about the Islanders’ series victory. Here’s Cary and here’s Shayna from The Athletic. And, of course, Arthur Staple.
- Cary also had a good take on the credit the team is getting (or not getting) for their playoff performance so far. Read the entire thread:
Isles sweep a team and it immediately gets diminished. Immediately. And that happens all the time! So, yeah, Isles fans are gonna get mad about it. Somehow that turned into an excuse to whip out a political map(?) of Long Island as confirmation bias for underestimating the team?— Carey Haber (@habermetrics) April 17, 2019
- Matt Martin put things even more concisely:
Matt Martin: "We believe in ourselves. We pretty well just have our fanbase and our families and this group that believe in us. That's all we need. We really don't need anyone else's validation. #Isles— Brian Compton (@BComptonNHL) April 17, 2019
- Awww. Poor Geno.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Moving On” by Bad Company.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.