They discuss how all three games have played out both on the ice and off, including helicopter travel, crazy crowds, celebrity sightings, cult hero worship and painful hugs. Later, they lament some of the media coverage the Islanders have (or haven’t) received and set a new record of the amount of Weird Islanders mentioned in a single episode.
Hello, Uncle Leo!
We are now on Spotify! So if you’re listening to tunes, you can throw the Lighthouse Hockey feed right in there with them. Click the link below to find our page.
- Andrew Gross’s story on Robin Lehner and how his remarkable season means more than you might think to some people.
- Forgot to mention Sunday’s Tweet of the Day:
Just as Tiger sank his putt, Komarov scored.— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) April 14, 2019
- Here’s the guy from the OT of Game 1 Mike mentions:
- Mike and Shawn Bates lead the Islanders to victory in Game 2.
- Kip Miller is one of many short time New York Islanders referenced on this episode.
The @NYIslanders scored two goals in a span of 1:02. It marked the club's fastest pair of postseason tallies since Kip Miller and Mariusz Czerkawski scored 38 seconds apart in Game 6 of the 2002 CQF. #NHLStats #StanleyCup pic.twitter.com/7QCooPwYtA— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) April 14, 2019
- And this whole Todd Simpson thing was just so weird.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Complete Control” by The Clash.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.
Our Soundcloud page is soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey