The New York Islanders get back at it, and need to get back to winning, tonight vs. (not in, sorry, that comes Thursday) Ottawa, the first of a home-and-home. It’s also a chance to take back first place, as the Isles and Caps take turns playing over the next week.
See Eric Hornick’s tweets below for more on that.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here.
PANDEMIC ALERT: Word from the morning skate is that a flu bug, which previously felled Casey Cizikas, is working its way through the lineup. Josh Ho-Sang and Michael Dal Colle have been recalled under emergency conditions.
#Isles Transactions: Michael Dal Colle and Josh Ho-Sang have been emergency recalled from Bridgeport.— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) March 5, 2019
- The Islanders need to “find the desperation” in their game, says Eberle. [Newsday]
- Can the Islanders find another gear from within? [Athletic]
- With the Isles in a mini-slump, maybe Lou should have made trades or something. [Post]
- As the Toronto woe-fest over Tavares’ reception at the Coliseum continues, Jenny says enough! We don’t owe him anything. [LHH]
- Sean Av*ry is a Grade 1 idiot desperately trying to make relevant a Grade Z career. For giggles, here’s an attempt at dialogue with his latest cry for attention. [LHH Fanpost]
- Prospect Report: Arnaud Durandeau has a six-point week, Noah Dobson a four-point week, and Bode Wilde leads his team in scoring. [Isles]
- Stan Fischler recalls the “foot soldiers” of the dynasty years, though some of these guys are so irreplaceable to me (e.g. Tonelli) I feel like that label undersells them a bit. [Isles]
If #Isles were to beat Sens in shootout they would have identical record as Caps and same total of ROW. So why wouldn’t #Caps be ahead based on head-to-head? Because 1st #Isles home game doesn’t count right now (uneven home games) and NYI have better goal differential. #NHL— Eric Hornick (@ehornick) March 5, 2019
Last night’s NHL scores are brief: The Leafs stormed by the Flames, and the Oilers beat the Sabres for their third win in a row.
- The GMs are meeting in Florida and discussing just minor tweaks to the game, is all. [NHL]
- But changing the playoff format is not one of them. [TSN]
- Maybe Jonathan Quick will be dealt this summer, and maybe he is still underrated. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Remembering Ted Lindsay. [Detroit News]
- Calgary city councillors approve a bunch of money for capital improvements, including arena funding. [Calgary Herald]
- Jim Rutherford doth protest too much, I mean like the makeup of his team. [NHL]
It’s alright if you’re confused, let me be...I don’t owe you anything: