NOTE: CONTAINS COURSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED.
Mike & Dan recount the now infamous return of John Tavares to Nassau Coliseum and look ahead to some must-win games for the Islanders in the coming week.
Mike offers his first-hand account of what the experience was like being in the building amidst all the booing, and the serendipitous meeting he had before the game with another Islanders fan enemy. They also look at the team’s three losses in that same week and what they could mean as the schedule enters the stretch run to the playoffs.
If you’re sick of talking about You-Know-Who, skip to about a half hour in, when we discuss the other three games the Islanders played last week.
And an update: Michael Dal Colle and Josh Ho-Sang were indeed recalled this morning under emergency conditions. Could mean players are hurt and/or sick or it could be some classic Lamoriello roster magic.
- Here it is: the audio of Mike’s conversation with our special guest.
- No shortage of Tavares Night takes to choose from, all of which were mentioned in this episode: Staple, Wyshynski, Siegel, Down Goes Brown, Brooksie, Brooksie again, Jenny’s very fine article from Monday afternoon and, of course, Dom with the preemptive punch to the pontificators.
- Not mentioned in this episode: RIP Ted Lindsay and Luke Perry.
- My goodness. Read the whole thing if you can before Tuesday and Thursday night’s games:
The Ottawa Senators since losing in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final. Take a deep breath, everyone...— ryan (@ryanclassic) March 1, 2019
• Bryan Murray passes away
• Owner Eugene Melnyk threatens fans at outdoor game that he'll move team
• Melnyk tells Brent Wallace he'll "bury" him
- Join Noel and Dan for a live taping of Isles Buzz on March 16th at The Offside Tavern after the Islanders-Red Wings game. Yes, this Dan will be there, too, for a special live social appearance.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “The Mob Rules” by Black Sabbath
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey