Mike and Dan talk about the highs and lows of the last four Islanders games and worry about what they mean as the playoffs approach.
They discuss the team’s propensity for either shutting teams out or being shut out themselves and examine what they’ll need to do as the season enters its final week. They also examine the longterm injury to Andrew Ladd, the signings of NCAA free agents Grant Hutton and Bobo Carpenter and some cult heroes from a rebuild gone awry.
We tried out some new recording software this week, which resulted in one lost episode and a slight change in audio quality.
We are now on Spotify! So if you’re listening to tunes, you can throw the Lighthouse Hockey feed right in there with them. Click the link below to find our page.
- Trotz on the loss to Columbus on Tuesday night:
- Andrew Ladd will miss five months with a torn ACL.
- Team releases on the signing of NCAA free agents Grant Hutton and Bobo Carpenter.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Train Kept A Rollin’” by Aerosmith
Bumper: “Roundball Rock (NBA on NBC theme)” by John Tesh
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.
Our Soundcloud page is soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey