Mike and Dan pick at the corpse of a blowout loss to the Bruins and fret about the Islanders’ injury-marred road ahead.
They hope for more games like the encouraging efforts against Detroit and Montreal, but ponder the team’s moves to offset a couple of injuries to important players. Later, they talk about forgotten Islanders and forgotten Islanders draft picks, and offer which fantastical fictional limbo fits the Islanders best.
We are now on Spotify! So if you’re listening to tunes, you can throw the Lighthouse Hockey feed right in there with them. Click the link below to find our page.
- Dom’s article on Val Filppula, Tanner Fritz and the dangerous margins the Islanders are treading at a bad time.
- Arthur Staple’s wide-ranging Q&A at The Athletic today.
- Thanks to everyone who came out last Saturday to the live Isles Buzz taping. Here it is if you haven’t listened yet.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Somebody Get Me a Doctor” by Van Halen.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.
Our Soundcloud page is soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey