That was terrible. Worst game of hockey I’ve ever witnessed live. 13 shots on goal? 13?
I have got nothing to say.
- Casey Cizikas returned from the stomach virus, but Valtteri Filppula and Cal Clutterbuck got hurt and left the game. [Newsday]
- And Matt Martin fought Zdeno Chara to try to insert a little energy into the game, to no avail. [Newsday]
Here’s what the coach had to say about that atrocity of a game:
- Under Barry Trotz, Ryan Pulock is developing into a top defenseman in the NHL. [The Athletic]
- The Sound Tigers had been dealing with some injuries, but all were present and accounted for at yesterday’s practice. [Soundin’ Off]
- Keep up with the Sound Tigers in the Week 24 edition of The Bridgeport Report.
- Believe we tried to link this yesterday, but here it is for real this time: Andrew Gross’ Reddit Q&A.
- PHOTOS: The Islanders hosted a special all-girls Learn to Play session with Arron Asham for Equality Month. [Islanders]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Hurricanes beating the Penguins in the shootout, the Capitals taking down the Devils, the Canadiens topping the Flyers, and the Blue Jackets losing to the Flames in regulation. Almost every result was the wrong one for the Islanders, so that’s always fun. Still in second, precariously.
Here is Eric Hornick’s breakdown of the Metro Division playoff race.
- The Islanders are pretty securely in a playoff spot at this point, but there are plenty of teams throughout the league chasing down a spot they’re not currently in. With 10 games or less remaining, it can be a tall task, but here’s an optimistic view of eight teams going for it. [The Athletic]
- Nathan MacKinnon is an elite talent in the NHL, but he wants more. MORE! [The Athletic]