Tonight the Islanders host the Bruins, who are four points ahead of the LOLeafs in the Atlantic Chase To Be First Behind Tampa. The Isles enter the night tied for first place in the Metro (but holding the tiebreaker) with the Capitals, who are in Jersey tonight.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight’s game here. Maybe Casey Ciizkas is ready to go?
Dal Colle and Boychuk staying on for extra work.— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) March 19, 2019
Cizikas takes first turn with fourth line, Komarov second. So...— Brett Cyrgalis (@BrettCyrgalis) March 19, 2019
Lehner and Greiss. #Isles
- Remember how Scott Mayfield was a scratch at the beginning of the season, and once more as guys started to get healthy recently? They shouldn’t do that. [LHH]
- That new top line with Anders Lee, Mathew Barzal and Jordan Eberle has been clicking. [Newsday | NHL]
- Meanwhile, Barzal has no problem trading goals for wins. [Athletic]
- Thomas Greiss was named NHL First Star of the Week. [Isles | NHL]
- Soooo many NCAA prospect updates plus Ilya Sorokin shuttin’ out teams in the KHL playoffs. [Isles Prospect Report]
- Bruins sniper David Pastrnak should return to the lineup this week after 16 games out, perhaps as early as tonight against the Isles. [NHL]
- Ask Andrew Anything: A Reddit Q&A today with Newsday’s Isles beat reporter. [Newsday]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Lightning clinching the freaking President’s Trophy already.
- Five questions about hockey with Boomer Esiason for some reason. [NHL]
- Joel Quenneville says yeah, you’re damned right he’ll want to coach again. [Second City Hockey]
- There’s a lot behind Jordan Binnington’s sudden rise as Blues keeper and savior. [Athletic]
- Byline, Captain America: Salve standout goaltender Blake Wojtala inks professional hockey contract [Newport RI]