These are up on time, folks. No sleeping in this Saturday. Got all that out of the way already! And besides, this game is early. The Islanders take on the Red Wings at 1:00 p.m. today; if I posted these Bits at the same time I posted yesterday’s, you would only have 8 minutes to make your FIG selections. Maybe 15, if we counted true puck drop.
Speaking of FIGs, here’s a link in which they’re to be left.
- Jonathan breaks down the most important play from Thursday night’s victory over the Canadiens. [LHH]
- The Islanders have a pretty tough schedule down the stretch, and they’re in a bit of pain. [Newsday]
- Eric Hornick keeps you up to date on the Metro playoff race. [NYI Skinny]
- Adam Pelech has truly transformed his game this season under coach Barry Trotz. [Newsday]
- The Islanders are re-establishing the identity that made them so difficult to play against in December and January. Good time to do it. [Islanders]
- The College Hockey Playoffs are beginning and there are gonna be some Islanders prospects involved. [Islanders Prospect Report]
- The Sound Tigers practiced yesterday and sent Ryan MacKinnon back to the ECHL Worcester Railers. [Soundin’ Off]
- Michael Fornabaio discusses how goalie Jeremy Smith saw his contract turn into an NHL one to keep him with the AHL team and be there on emergency for the NHL team. [CT Post]
- Stan Fischler examines the prelude to what would become four straight Stanley Cup wins. [Maven’s Memories]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Blue Jackets defeating the Hurricanes 3-0 in the wild card race; and for purposes of fun, the Maple Leafs beat the Flyers 7-6.
- On Mark Stone’s seamless fit with the Golden Knights and good players having bad seasons. [The Athletic]
- The Habs need to be “hungry” if they want to avoid missing the playoffs. [NHL]
- Want to smell like a Flyers fan? No thanks! [DGB Grab Bag]
- VIDEO: Gene Simmons was at the Blue Jackets game last night and joined the broadcast. [NHL]