NOTE: CONTAINS COURSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED.
In a massive episode about many topics, Carey Haber joins Mike and Dan to establish where the Islanders sit after a trade deadline in which they made no moves. Andrew Ladd and Thomas Hickey are back, but what about their other secret weapon? (no, not the ghost of Dennis Seidenberg)
Later, the hosts reckon with John Tavares’s return to Nassau Coliseum as a Maple Leaf and the many possible backlashes that may occur.
Finally, they look ahead to an important week for the Islanders, breeze through the team’s recent Western Canadian trip, ponder the best intermission interview subjects, and plea for kindness to fans of the Ottawa Senators.
- The Islanders official story on their move-free deadline.
- Here’s Dom on the Islanders standing pat, and what their line-up could look like post deadline.
- Arthur Staple on why the Islanders made no changes, and some that could have been.
- Catch up on all the trade deadline comings and goings at SB Nation’s NHL group.
- Thanks again to Carey for coming on. Check out his site The Cap Space for tons of cool and informative charts on every NHL team. And follow him on Twitter at @Habermetrics.
- This is both sad and hilarious:
Senators roster from our Cup run in 2017, to today. @TSNSteve @TSNSteveLloyd @SensChirp @BarDown @TSNSimmer @ian_mendes @TSNJR @TSN1200 @tsnjamesduthie @BonksMullet @travisyost pic.twitter.com/8GHLl5gh5D— Matt Cox (@RogueMatt) February 25, 2019
- Join Noel and Dan for a live taping of Isles Buzz on March 16th at The Offside Tavern after the Islanders-Red Wings game. If you haven’t yet heard their interview with Rob Schremp, you should.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey