NOTE: CONTAINS COURSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED.
They wonder where Thomas Hickey and Andrew Ladd could play when they return from conditioning stints in the AHL, hash out the good and bad of playoff games at Barclays Center, lament the tired conversation around excessive celebrations in the NHL and marvel at some Twitter fire from an unexpected source.
Finally, they test their fortune telling skills by guessing where a few marquee names could end up after next week’s deadline. A guy we both totally forgot about was Detroit’s Gustav Nyquist, who probably stands a good chance of moving on some time this week.
The quality is a little funky because the audio hardware is dying a slow, painful death inside Dan’s PC. He hopes to have it rectified soon.
- Official announcement of Thomas Hickey and Andrew Ladd being loaned to Bridgeport and placed on LTIR.
- And how did they do down there? In two games, Ladd had one goal and four assists and Hickey had two and two in two Sound Tigers wins. And Ladd’s linemate Josh Ho-Sang had a hat trick and two assists in Sunday’s game. Not bad for two short-timers.
- This is stupid.
The ultimate “ I did my job “ kind of superstar. He wins when he goes to play for his country as they are loaded with players mostly equal or better. Other than that, he just collects HIS points and HIS awards.— Rob Schremp (@RobSchremp) February 16, 2019
- Join Noel and Dan for a live taping of Isles Buzz on March 16th at The Offside Tavern after the Islanders-Red Wings game.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Who Can it Be Now” by Men at Work.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey