Mike and Dan look at an up-and-down week for the Islanders, the recent cracks in the team’s play and Mike’s trip to Montreal.
Two wins and two disconcerting losses have them wondering where the team’s dominating game has gone, and whether or not GM Lou Lamoriello is close to making a move to bolster the roster. Mike tells the tale of his fun and fortuitous journey to a Canadiens-Islanders game and the mutual respect the teams seem to have for one another. Turns out, just as we suspected, that “Bossy” is the international language.
Mike also gathers some very valuable intel on our boy Mathew Barzal from some fortuitously found friends of his.
Later, they joke about Toronto’s longing for Lamoriello, the chances of a comeback of the divisive Fisherman jersey and how one of this episode’s three “He Was an Islander” players looks like an NHL superstar.
The word of the day is, “Talismanic.”
- Eric Duhatschek’s notebook at The Athletic talks about the Islanders’ culture change.
- Steve Simmons on the Leafs missing Lou. That’s a shame...
- The new merch that caused a ruckus online last week:
looked out from the lighthouse and what did we ≋s≋e≋a≋??? pic.twitter.com/RMd51QOFIh— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) December 5, 2019
we just keep reeling in more beauties pic.twitter.com/5dmL5a2Jjq— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) December 5, 2019
HA, y'all thought we were done pic.twitter.com/IVmA1uPZtQ— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) December 5, 2019
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Safety Dance” by Men Without Hats. Did you know Men Without Hats are from Montreal? Now you do.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.