Mike and Dan recap the Islanders’ recent losses and return to form, and salute players who have feasted on the team for 10 years.
They discuss the critical mistakes that have led to goals against and disturbing trends in losses to the Blue Jackets and Blackhawks, and the depth players finally coming through in a truly Trotzian win over the Wild. Later, they talk about the ghosts of All Star Injuries Past, trolling arena DJs and getting an Avenger to an Islanders game.
Finally, they reveal Mike’s picks for the players that have owned the Islanders for the past decade (and the many, many, many players that could also make the list).
Remember: The Isles Buzz Live Show is at the Offside Tavern on Saturday, January 4th around 5:30 pm, prior to the Islanders-Leafs game. Listen to Noel and Dan’s next episode for more details. Come on down if you can.
- Mike’s tweet that got us rolling.
My All This-Guy-Killed-The-Islanders Team of the Decade:— Michael Leboff (@TheBigLeebowski) December 27, 2019
I have no stats to back this up, its just how i remember these guys
- Ladies and gentlemen... Elvis has left the building.
- Carey’s article on trade options for the Islanders at center.
- NHL teams giving up the most first career goals. Congrats (?) to Ottawa.
- Torts bein’ Torts:
A furious John Tortorella on how he believes the officials mismanaged the clock at the end of overtime.#CBJ | @BlueJacketsNHL pic.twitter.com/UWMw96F3FX— FOX Sports Columbus (@FOXSportsCbus) December 30, 2019
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Get Back Up Again” by Anna Kendrick.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.