In a supersized holiday episode, Mike & Dan recount a very busy week for the Islanders on and off the ice, and make their choices for a special All Decade team.
They recount losses to the Predators and Ducks that saw the normally stout Islanders lose control, and a big win over the Bruins on a rarely-seen national stage. After the break, they discuss the unexpected returns of Josh Ho-Sang and Andrew Ladd and the number retirements of John Tonelli and Butch Goring.
Finally, they each announce a pair of Islanders All Decade teams that are a little different than the ones you may have encountered already. They also cover disappointing shoes, longtime Islanders antagonist Erik Gudbranson and Sportsnet’s What Does This Mean for the Leafs Hour.
Remember: The Isles Buzz Live Show is at the Offside Tavern on Saturday, January 4th prior to the Islanders-Leafs game. Listen to Noel and Dan’s next episode for more details. Come on down if you can.
- Arthur Staple’s Q&A with Lou Lamoriello, with quotes about Ho-Sang’s return.
- Staple on the beef between Barry Trotz and Peter Laviolette (and many other topics).
- The Islanders lose both of these two games. Unbelievable.
- That’s it?
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Blue Christmas” by Elvis Presley.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.