The Islanders host the Blue Jackets tonight in the last game before the three-day Christmas break. The CBA says everyone is off until the 27th, which is when the Islanders return to action again. We’re going to be without hockey for a few days, so hopefully they send us into the holiday on a high note.
Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish LHHers.
And a happy Festivus to my fellow Seinfeld fans!
- Let’s preview the damn thing, shall we?
- Andrew Ladd figures to be in the lineup tonight for the first time this season and the first time since last March. [Newsday]
- It’s been a long road to recovery for Ladd, who has spent the last month or so in the AHL trying to get back up to speed. [Islanders]
- The PTIsles podcast talks about Saturday’s game against the Ducks, the goalies, and the number retirements. [LHH]
Michael Dal Colle was a regular participant in practice:
Dal Colle joins the team for practice this morning! pic.twitter.com/WVs12Jqr4T— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) December 22, 2019
- Taylor Hall scored his first goal as a member of the Coyotes in last night’s win over the Red Wings. [NHL]
- Sidney Crosby inspired Nathan MacKinnon to take less when he signed his contract back in 2016. It’s crazy that two of the top three players in the world are from the same small Nova Scotian fishing town. Sounds like lox to me. That’s not in the article, I’m just thinking about breakfast. [ESPN]
- The week ahead is highlighted by the beginning of World Juniors. [NHL]
- Lias Andersson, as we know, has requested a trade from the Rangers, who drafted him 7th overall in 2017. Larry Brooks is yelling at the clouds about it. [NY Post]
- The Capitals and Braden Holtby have put talks of an extension off until after the season, but he could be an interesting commodity on the open market this summer. [Sportsnet]