The Islanders are back in action tonight at Nassau Coliseum, where the Nashville Predators pay a visit with Peter Laviolette.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks over here.
They were on the ice for practice yesterday, and welcomed back a vet from injury. Here’s some Barry Trotz to get you going:
- Who best represents the NHL’s dead puck ‘90s era? That and the latest Islanders success on the latest Islanders Anxiety with Mike and Dan S. [LHH Podcasts]
- The Devon Toews and Scott Mayfield pairing is a model of consistency. [Athletic]
- Josh Ho-Sang had something on Instagram about it being “time to play hockey,” surely indicating some status change as he’s been working out in Toronto ever since his agent made a trade request. Insert your alarm joke here. Unrelated, we swear: Tom Kuhnhackl has been recalled from his conditioning stint in Bridgeport. [Isles | Islanders Insight]
- The Islanders players delivered toys to youth in hospital. [Isles]
- The usually dubious-but-discussion-worthy Forbes franchise value rankings places the Islanders at 18th. Clearly Barry Trotz is responsible for $500 million alone. [Islanders Insight]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Blue Jackets shutting out the Capitals and the Predators beating up the Rangers.
- The Arizona Coyotes have won the Taylor Hall Sweepstakes, Mid-Season Rental Edition. “I’ve only played five playoff games,” the cursed star reminds us. [NHL | All About the Jersey] The Coyotes did it because they were willing to “bet on ourselves.” [NHL]
- The Canadiens? They weren’t in position to do that. [NHL | Sportsnet]
- What, pray tell, is going on with Matthew Dumba? [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Blackhawks released a statement after investigating Marc Crawford’s behavior in previous coaching positions, Crawford released a statement too, and he’ll return to the bench next month. [Blackhawks]
- Speaking of team statements, the Kings issued one after placing Ilya Kovalchuk on unconditional waivers (and paying the final installment on his signing bonus) for the purpose of terminating him, er, his contract. [Jewels From The Crown | Kings]
- “Robin Lehner is anything but common.” The Athletic has named the former Isles goalie their NHL Person of the Year. [Athletic]
- Anthony Duclair has bounced around but it appears he’s found a fit in Ottawa at age 24. [TSN]
- All it took to end the Oilers’ skid was some Mikko Koskinen magic. [NHL]
- Referee Tim Peel suffered a broken leg in a collision with Jonathan Toews and is likely out for the year. [RMNB]