Mike and Dan talk about a week in which the Islanders got back on their game and earned the praise of players around the NHL.
They discuss the chemistry between linemates Anthony Beauvillier and Brock Nelson, a potential injury to Michael Dal Colle and a critical penalty and teaching moment for Mathew Barzal.
Later, they ponder former coach Peter Laviolette’s (psychically foretold) return to Nassau Coliseum, marvel at how players are speaking about the Islanders these days and determine whose mug best represents the NHL in the 1990’s.
Remember: The Isles Buzz Live Show is at the Offside Tavern on Saturday, January 4th prior to the Islanders-Leafs game. Listen to Noel and Dan’s next episode for more details. Come on down if you can.
- Trotz’s (nearly) infamous presser after the win over the Sabres, and Mathew Barzal’s costly penalty.
- For Buffalo, getting a point against, “a really, really good hockey team“ was a huge one. Wat.
- Here’s Shayna Goldman’s story in The Athletic about how aggressive the Islanders’ penalty kill has been this season.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Praise You” by Fatboy Slim.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.