The Islanders have a chance to extend their winning streak to eleven (11?!) games this evening, with the Penguins paying a visit to Brooklyn.
Be there tonight if you can. The atmosphere at Barclays Center was good the other night against the Senators; I bet it will be even better against a hated division rival and recent playoff opponent.
Also, happy birthday to my brother. Too many birthdays in one family in one week.
- Let’s preview the damn thing, shall we? [Islanders]
- The Islanders expect the Penguins to be looking for revenge following the sweep. [Newsday]
- Here’s the latest PT Isles podcast, in which Joe speaks with Islanders radio analyst Greg Picker:
PTIsles - "unbeaTEN" w/ Islanders radio color analyst @GregPickerHere— IslesBlog (@IslesBlog) November 7, 2019
1⃣0⃣ in a row!
Best coaching staff in hockey
Barzal becomes a dual threat
Bardreau's big moment
Picker's path to the booth@LhhPodcasts I #Isles
Catching up with the team and coach at practice yesterday:
“We just preach a team game and a winning commitment from everyone.”#Isles practice day updates: pic.twitter.com/bndHvJKgWi— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) November 6, 2019
- It wasn’t just an illness keeping Leo Komarov off the ice; it was an illness, too. [Newsday]
- Johnny Boychuk has been a force on the ice and a commander of respect off it. [Islanders]
- Surprise: the Islanders’ goaltending has been excellent, but their shot attempts have been meh. [NHL]
- The Sound Tigers hosted the Thunderbirds at 10:30 a.m. yesterday and won their second straight game, this one 1-0. [Soundin’ Off pregame | Sound Tigers postgame]
- Here is Eric Hornick’s NYISkinny of the last time the Islanders won their 11th straight game: Bryan Trottier had five goals en route to an 8-2 bashing of the Flyers at the Coliseum.
Last night’s NHL scores include the Rangers beating the Red Wings 5-1 and the Blues beating the Oilers 5-2. St. Louis has won six straight.
- The Jets’ Bryan Little took a shot off the ear Tuesday night against the Devils but he is “alert and in good spirits.” He required 25-30 stitches to close that laceration and the hospital kept him overnight for observation. [NHL]
- The Blues traded Robby Fabbri to Detroit in exchange for Jacob de la Rose. [NHL]
- This article is called “Quick fixes for struggling NHL contenders” and then lumps New Jersey in there. They need a little more than a swap of the goaltender, I’d say. [ESPN]
- Speak of the Devil(s), Taylor Hall’s underlying numbers haven’t been great so far this season, but it’s early and his past work has earned him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. [Sportsnet]
- The Stars have revealed their Winter Classic jerseys and they’re sweet as hell. [Defending Big D]