Mike and Dan celebrate 100 episodes by rewinding back to their first one. Includes a new intro by the hosts and improved audio for the previously “lost” premiere.
They talk about what’s the same and what’s different between then and now, including a transfer of love no one saw coming, as well as some topics that were at the top of mind for fans four seasons ago. The pilot episode itself includes early love for a (still) underrated Islander, ire for a couple of familiar old targets and - surprise, surprise - arena worries.
Thanks to everyone that’s downloaded, listened and supported us over the years, and here’s to 100 more episodes.
Dan and Mike talk about a few of their favorite episodes from the last four years. If you want to go back and check them out, you can use the links below:
- Episode 30, “The Boys in the Back Room,” in which the guys lose it over yet more arena madness and the slimy folks that always seem make it worse.
- Episode 55, “An Unsatisfying and yet Totally Islanders Way,” in which they react to the news of John Tavares leaving the Islanders via free agency moments after it happened. Warning: Contains adult language and pretty rough audio.
- Episode 76, “Concrete in the Toilets.” Yup, more arena stuff. But the title is still great.
- Episode 83, “The Whole Point of Sports,” in which they react to a comeback victory in Winnipeg that helped propel the Islanders to an unexpected playoff berth last season.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open. Thanks to everyone who called in for our first episode, as well as everyone who listened.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.