I guess a two-day break isn’t so bad. Could go for some Islanders hockey tonight, though. Senators tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m.
- Cal Clutterbuck takes pride in reaching 800 games played, as well he should with his bruising style. [Newsday]
- The Islanders returned Otto Koivula to the Sound Tigers and he scored twice in Bridgeport’s 4-3 home win over the Phantoms. D David Quenneville and F Simon Holmstrom, who scored yesterday, as well, had the other Bridgeport goals. [Soundin’ Off pregame | Sound Tigers post-game]
- The Railers were shutout at home by the Adirondack Thunder on Saturday night. And on W6 Tribute Night! [RailersHC]
- Pretty cool story behind UConn’s Men’s Hockey Program decision to build partially by recruiting Eastern Europeans, like our 2018 2nd-round pick Ruslan Iskhakov. [College Hockey News]
Here are Semyon Varlamov’s top saves from the 1-0 shutout of the Sabres:
All of Varly’s top saves on repeat— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) November 3, 2019
Got the shutout for our NINTH straight victory pic.twitter.com/Rt8VS8OSpV
Last night’s NHL scores include another victory for the Capitals, this time over the Flames behind a Jakub Vrana hat trick.
- Milan Lucic was suspended two games and was not a part of the loss to Washington for his sucker-punch of Blue Jackets rookie Kole Sherwood. [NHL]
- The Evander Kane-Ryan Reaves drama takes yet another twist, with Kane now calling out Reaves for making up stories about their junior careers together. As Kane points out, they never shared the ice in juniors. [Yahoo]
- Victor Hedman is at home in Sweden with his Lightning set to face the Sabres there this upcoming weekend. He hopes to be able to play. [NHL]
- In this guy’s opinion, teams should blow up the bridge deals. Mat Barzal is on the header photo but is never mentioned in the article. [Sportsnet]
- Gritty may be more known for his silly antics (see below) but he also does some pretty heartwarming things, too: he visited a young superfan of his who is battling cancer. The little boy wrote a letter to the Flyers mascot and asked for a Gritty cake, but he got so much more. [ESPN]
- VIDEO: Watch as a Toronto ice-level reporter gets caressed and silly-stringed by Gritty and manages not to laugh. [SBN]