The Islanders try to salvage a win from their California swing tonight with a visit to the Los Angeles Kings, who — like the Islanders — recently lost to the Sharks in overtime, but — unlike the Islanders — are at the bottom of their conference.
It’s a 10:30 EST start, so plan your pre-Thanksgiving (U.S.) party romping accordingly. If you need help, your script should go like this: “Oh, hey, yeah, I’ll definitely be there, it just might be after midnight, because I have things to tend to (like sharing my beverage choice in a game thread), and oh also: the Islanders are worth watching these days.”
And leave your First Islanders Goal picks here.
Barry Trotz discussed rebounding from a disappointment in Anaheim, and trying different things with the lines (“We signed Brass to play center and now he’s playing wing. So we have some options. We’re trying to find that out on the fly.”) He also expressed reassurance and no concern about the cold streaks Anders Lee and Jordan Eberle are experiencing:
- In their latest podcast, Noel and Dan P. discuss what issues were masked by the franchise-record points streak, and renew discussion with actor and Los Angeles Kings fan (and closet Islanders fan) Michael Vartan. [Isles Buzz]
- Andrew Gross has a little more on Eberle and Lee. [Newsday]
- What are the Islanders’ Cup chances? That and other questions in the mailbag. [NHL]
- The Railers lost to Maine, but in overtime, so consolation point in the bank. [Railers HC]
- I guess there were yet more power rankings lists that had the Islanders at the top, because streak. [SI]
- A column: When is it time to be concerned about Kieffer Bellows’ lack of production? [Eyes On Isles]
- Tonight the Kings will be without Alec Martinez, who had surgery after suffering a skate-to-arm injury. Yikes. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Feels like a lot of suspensions lately: Lightning defenseman Erik Cernak gets a two-game suspension for elbowing Rasmus Dahlin, who is concussed. [NHL]
- Bill Peters was not at practice and won’t coach the Flames’ next game as the team investigates allegations of racist abuse of a player during his AHL coaching days. [NHL]