They did it. They set the franchise record. This team never quits and even when they’re a little off, they can turn it right back on when they need to. Kudos to Thomas Greiss for keeping them in it last night, and kudos to Barry Trotz to get them going for the third. Man, I love them.
And I am extremely happy the point streak didn’t snap against the Penguins. Man, I hate them.
The Islanders will now take their franchise-record sixteen-game point streak out west for the California swing.
LISTEN TO THE MAN:
“They come to work, they come to compete every night and they give you their best effort. That’s the Islander way. It’s a reflection of the way we play, the people we have and the community we live in.” - Barry Trotz pic.twitter.com/0qGIJ2Gw5r— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) November 22, 2019
- They weren’t too worried about the streak going in. [Newsday]
- Why? Because it was business as usual. [Islanders]
- Matt Martin came off IR before the game and went in for Leo Komarov. [Newsday]
- Last night was game no. 20. What are the best moments from the season thus far? [The Athletic]
- I don’t know if this ever got linked to, but this is Eric Hornick’s Extra Skinny from Tuesday night, in which he compiled a bunch of “others’” work, in his words, about the two miraculous comebacks in a row.
- Barry Trotz is the front-runner for the Jack Adams yet again in NHL’s Trophy Tracker.
- LISTEN: Arthur Staple joins the One Puck Short podcast to discuss the Islanders hot streak.
- The Islanders are no. 1 in the latest ESPN power rankings.
- And they’re no. 3 in the NHL’s Super 16.
- Andrew Ladd is living life down in Bridgeport with the Sound Tigers. [CT Insider]
- Let’s check in the with the Sound Tigers, shall we? [Bridgeport Report]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Maple Leafs snapping their winless streak and taking the game against the Coyotes in Sheldon Keefe’s NHL coaching debut and the Flyers topping the Hurricanes in regulation.
- How easy will it be to fix the Maple Leafs? [PPP]
- Time to shiv on the way out (although this one, I think, is true): The Mike Babcock-Kyle Dubas marriage was doomed from the start. Also interesting is that it doesn’t sound like most of the players were sad to see Babcock go, and James Mirtle even entertains the idea they tanked to get him fired. [The Athletic]
- Dom Luszczyszyn’s 16 Stats article focuses a lot on the Babcock and Leafs situation, but also touches on the new coaches and the Flames sucking wind. [The Athletic]
- Bacteria in his blood turned into respiratory failure for Sabres assistant Don Granato, who is thankful to be alive after his harrowing experiences over the last couple months. [The Athletic]