Mike and Dan discuss the first two games of the Islanders season, the concerns about the team’s attendance and the uniqueness of Josh Bailey.
They examine what’s worked so far and what could be better, as well as how their performance matches last season’s (so far). Later, they re-evaluate the future of Josh Ho-Sang, who has requested a trade, and marvel at how Bailey has quietly amassed 800 games played without changing at all from his draft day.
They also have their (maybe?) final say on the team’s attendance issues and hope everyone comes to understand the dreaded “Two W’s” trap.
- Dom on Josh Ho-Sang’s trade request and Lou Lamoriello’s weird words.
- Craig Custance on why sure things don’t get picked up on waivers (Spoiler: the contract limit).
- New podcasts! Islanders Award Winners is finally a go. Hope you enjoy it. Staple and Parrish are getting No Sleep Til Belmont while Andrew Gross skates on Island Ice.
- Here’s Mike’s draft video on Josh Bailey. They grow up so fast (and yet don’t change one iota):
Happy belated birthday to Josh Bailey, Islanders legend. https://t.co/0mTFy7EeTe— Michael Leboff (@TheBigLeebowski) October 3, 2019
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Remember: We need your calls for the My Favorite Islanders Game podcast. The number to call is mentioned in this episode. So drop us a message and tell us the story of your favorite Islanders game experience. Lines are always open.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “Winner Takes it All” by Sammy Hagar from the legendary film “Over the Top.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.