We are halfway through the latest layoff, and I dare say we are going to make it.
- Derick Brassard and Anthony Beauvillier have become fast friends, temporary roommates, and a pair with a history. [Isles]
- Another piece highlighting Anders Lee: Inspirational Captain. [NBC Sports]
- The Isles keep winning despite a rash of injuries. [NHL]
- Andrew Gross talked to Lee, and also Jim Baumbach about the latest with Belmont and the Coliseum, on his latest podcast. [Newsday]
- Reece Newkirk and Ilya Sorokin are among the highlights in this week’s prospect report. [Isles]
- A bleak start for the Sound Tigers, and another three-in-three this weekend. [Sound Tigers]
Last night’s NHL scores included the Penguins thrashing the Flyers, and the Capitals beating the Leafs in OT. Also, the Lightning lost Victor Hedman and Pat Maroon to injury, the latter thanks to a fight with Micheal Haley.
Okay okay okay: There was a lacrosse-style goal last night by Andrei Svechnikov, Twitter got a tad excited:
LIKE... HOW!?!? pic.twitter.com/rvYKnPgWbC— NHL (@NHL) October 30, 2019
- Speaking of the Hurricanes, Dougie Hamilton has been great for them. [Canes Country]
- Roman Josi reached agreement on a bonus-heavy, eight-year deal worth over $9 million per season. [NHL]
- The Blues aim to get by on their depth without Vladimir Tarasenko. [NHL]
- Trying to quantify the impact of backchecking. [Coaches Site]
- Jonathan Toews would like the NHL to reduce travel (and associated fatigue) by having a schedule with multi-game series against the same team like baseball. Except baseball plays every day and is different and its venues are used way less for other events. [Athletic]